What is temporary residence permit in Ukraine
A residence permit is a right of a foreigner or a stateless person to live on a territory of Ukraine on the grounds defined by the legislation. The grounds for stay of a foreigner in Ukraine are given in the Law of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”.
To register a temporary residence permit, a foreigner who has arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of studying shall submit:
- A filled-in and signed application form;
- A passport a foreigner and copies of the pages of the passport with personal data and a visa (if available);
- A notarized copy of a passport translated into Ukrainian;
- Health insurance policy;
- A receipt for payment of a state duty;
- Four photos in the size of 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters on matte paper.
A student has to provide the listed documents to the responsible department at his University. The temporary residence permit is usually ready within 2-3 months.
The cost of a temporary residence permit:
An approximate cost is $10.
Important! You have to file for the temporary residence permit not later than 1 month before the expiration of the authorized period of stay in Ukraine.